Make your voice heard and shape mental health services within Camden and Islington by getting involved in a new public consultation and attending the meetings below or complete the consultation survey online. Camden and Islington Clinical Commissioning Groups are consulting on the proposed re-development of Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust‘s St Pancras Hospital site. The public consultation needs views on the proposals to move in-patient beds from St Pancras Hospital to a new site at the Whittington Hospital and create two new mental health community hubs in Islington and Camden.
The consultation runs from 6th July to 12th October 2018.
The proposals include
- Re-developing Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust‘s estate to provide the inpatient facilities currently at St Pancras Hospital on a site behind the Whittington Hospital
- Creating two new community mental health hubs
– one in Islington and the other in Camden
- Retaining clinical services at St Pancras Hospital, the Trust’s beacon site, and also build an Institute of Mental Health there to support its research work
Note: No services will be cut under these proposals.
There are three public events and two drop-in sessions scheduled for:
- Wednesday 11th July, 6pm to 7.45pm, Laycock Professional Development Centre, Conference Room, Laycock Street, N1 1TH
- Thursday 19th July, 6pm to 8pm, St Pancras Hospital, The Well, 4 St Pancras Way, Kings Cross, London, NW1 0PE
- Wednesday 26th September, 6pm to 8pm, St Pancras Hospital, Conference room, 4 St Pancras Way, Kings Cross, London, NW1 0PE
Drop-in Sessions with Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust Medical Director, Vincent Kirchner:
C&I is holding sessions if you would like to drop-in to talk to Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trusts Medical Director Vincent Kirchner about the proposals and ask any questions you may have on the proposals:
- 25 July, 3.30 to 5pm, Room 4, West Wing, St Pancras Hospital
- 26 Sept, 3.30 to 5pm, Conference Hall, St Pancras Hospital
Alternatively, if you can’t attend any of the face to face sessions you can still give your input just complete the consultation survey online.
If you have queries about the consultation or you require this document in a hard copy or in an alternative format such as large print, audio, braille, and in languages other than English please email: email@example.com Or call 020 3688 2900
For more details visit the Islington Clinical Commissioning Group website.