Informed Consent in Clinical Research
This course allows delegates to develop a strategy for efficiently managing the informed consent process in an ethical and legal framework. Delegates will be given guidance on writing and amending documentation, dealing with the special requirements of vulnerable groups, and understanding the roles and responsibilities of the clinical research team throughout the consent process. The session uses a blend of trainer input and group discussion to ensure that delegates will be able to:
- Understand the legal considerations of the consent process
- Appreciate roles and responsibilities throughout the consent process
- Identify techniques to improve the consent process for both the patient and the researcher
- Recognise differences across special groups giving consent/assent
- Plan and prepare the consent process as part of the whole clinical trial
- Learn how to reduce anxieties and minimise surprises.
This course is free and open to all staff who have an interest in research (doctors, dentists, nurses, research assistants etc.) working in or associated with North and West London Trusts.
If you are no longer able to attend this training event, please notify us a minimum of 48 hours before date of the training session, so that we may offer your space to another delegate.
Share this event
If you are attending an event and need help with any accessibility requirements you have, please contact the event organiser in advance to ensure they can accommodate your needs.
04 December 2019
from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
St Pancras Hospital Conference Centre, West Wing
4 Saint Pancras Way Inpatient Unit, South Wing, London NW1 0PE, UK
Noclor Research Support